Friday, February 24, 2012

The Hoosier



The hoosier cabinet is a piece of history.  Before we had these great functional kitchens, we had free standing furniture.  They would serve as a pantry, cabinet and working counter. I bought mine a few years ago and she was a mess.  She had been badly stripped and revarnished.  So I took on a new project. I stripped and sanded until I couldn't no more.  I became best friends with the Dremel.  That little tool is great for all those little nooks and crannies. I decided to repaint her. There were too many hole to putty old and new.  She had been abused but now she is proudly displayed. 







An ad from 1925

I am very thankful we live with such modern conveniences.  But I do wish life was as simple as it was in the past.  And maybe less busy too!
Trista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!